Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring break in DC

Almost 1 year after our last DC trip, I was back but this time with my parents and Henry for spring break. The weather wasn't as nice and I missed the cherry blossoms again but we still had a great time! We stayed in Foggy Bottom (The Fairmont DC) which was a short metro ride/long, but manageable, walk from the National Mall and DC's most famous attractions...and close to Founding Farmers, yep I took my parents there...such great food! Our hotel room was spacious, which was necessary for all of the baby paraphernalia (pack n play, stroller, boppy) and very nice.

I was a little nervous being away from home with Henry, which I'm sure is completely normal, but he was a champ. Of course, it helped that there were four extra willing hands to take care of him. We stopped a couple of times each way for Henry to eat and stretch and while in the city, he either rode in his stroller (The BOB with a car seat adapter) or his carrier. I carried him for our Capitol tour, over an hour was a bit much but he slept the whole time.

We were able to meet up with Alicia twice, which was so, so nice!

Here are a few photos of our trip via Instagram (I had my hands full enough without a camera too!):



















1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love love love DC and I was sad we weren't there longer. I'm so glad Henry was a champ. Traveling with a baby wasn't as bad as I had envisioned and it sounds the same for you.